LET’S CELEBRATE 🔥 FELA💃KUTI🔥THE KING OF AFRO BEAT
AFROBEAT was born of Activism & Social Justice. In this day and age we still need such activism in our various ART forms! 🤝
Teaching this AFROBEAT class was so dear to me! It was important for me to educate my students on the difference between Afrobeat & Afrobeat’s’ in music and in dance. Discussing some history and views from my own perspective, with what I’ve learned over the years. Being that Afrobeat birthed Afrobeat’s’ it was important for me to create an atmosphere bringing everyone closer to that era! ( class was for 3 hours! We had an hour long lecture / then we danced) Sharing a part of my culture and honoring the Late great Fela Anikulapo Kuti ( Father / founder) of Afrobeat in my class was a dream come true. 🤗 This Choreography was made to His son’s music Femi Anikulapo Kuti.
Thank you NYC for being open and accepting! 🙏🏽❤️ thank you to everyone that made the class a success! 💪🏽
Feel free to share how AFROBEAT has inspired you.
Dancer/ Choreo: @sayrahchips
Song: Truth Don Die – @femiakuti
Body Art: @crusoe_art
Movements inspired by the Queen @yeniakuti
Thank you @connellthompsonsax for coming through with live Sax 🎷
Full class video drops on my YouTube in an hour!
#SayRah #RahNation #Afrobeat #femikuti #fela #felakuti #truthdondie #nwe #ripleygrier #newyork #manhattan #kalakuta #kalakutaqueens #afrodance #danceclass #culture #nigeria #twincitytv #sayrahchoreography #sayrahchipschoreography
Compiled by r a d i o 〈〈A F R I K A〉〉youtube channel.
* All materials presented on this channel are copyrighted by their respective copyright owners, and are subject to use for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY!
SUPPORT THE MUSICIANS, BUY THEIR MUSIC!
** If you (being a musician or a copyright owner) don’t approve your music material to be presented on this channel (or would like any additional info to be published), please contact me (via my Youtube channel or email@example.com) and I’ll remove it in seconds (or add necessary info)!
Thank you in advance for your understanding!
1. Pierre Antoine – Kalabuley Women 00:00
2. The Don Isaac Ezekiel Combination – Amalinja 11:40
3. Gougoumangou – Wazi Doble 16:56
4. Bantous Jazz – Watchi Wara 25:13
5. K Assale – Adoue Pla Moussoue 28:40
6. Tony Allen – NEPA (Never Expect Power Always) 33:36
7. Antonio Carlos & Jocafi – Simbarere 41:14
8. Soro n Gana – Mon Falou Nan 43:51
9. The Rwenzori’s – Handsome Boy (E Wara part 1/2) 52:53
10. The Sahara All Stars Of Jos – Feso Jaiye 59:37
11. Prince Dgibs – Ogningwe 1:03:46
12. Tunji Oyelana – To Whom It May Concern 1:07:20
13. Bola Johnson And His Easy Life Top Beats – Buroda Mase 1:10:17
14. George Akaeze & His Augmented Hits – Business Before Pleasure 1:15:15
15. Shadow Abraham With Mono Mono Friends – Omo Yen Wu Mi 1:19:54
16. Etubom Rex Williams And His Nigerian Artistes – Akpaison 1:23:23
.I know you gbadun our waist oo 👯♀️ this song is such a vibe 😩
Dancers: @sayrahchips @ornella_nella
Song: Shotan- @zlatan_ibile @tiwasavage
NYC next class August 14th 💥 Ticket link in my bio 🤸🏽♂️
Hair: @hairbysusy @chiefchinna
#SayRah #RahNation #Ornella #Shotan #Zlatan #tiwasavage #nyc #manhattan #dancevideo #afrodance #twincitytv #gbekudance
Living positively, dancing and having fun is good for your spirit.
Check out #COOLDOWNSIMMER 😍✨✨
🎶: Simmer @mahalia @burnaboygram
👗: Two Piece from @femmeluxefinery
#mahalia #burnaboy #freestyle #choreo #uk #dancer #london #afrofusion #dancehall #BrownSkinGirl #dancechallenge #pocodance
Hey guys!! I hope all is well by God’s grace. I have been AWOL for a minute but, you know…..the struggle is real. So I had been wanting to try doing a video like this for a while but I never got around to it until now! But better late than never! I had so much shooting this video! and don’t worry guys, I have much more to show you all! Also, like I have mentioned in the past, if you guys have any type of video you want to see, let me know!!
Songs In the Video:
Wizkid – Ojuelegba
Stonebwoy- Go Higher
Tiwa Savage- If I Start to Talk
S/N: I did not really know the meaning behind Tiwa’s song in the video (as mentioned in the video). But I recently found out that the song is pretty much Tiwa thanking God for her blessings and saying that if she begins to tell of God’s goodness to her then she would not have enough time for it all.
**Connect With Me!**
Arriving in Korea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29Nco2a6lA
#africandance #melaninpopping #dopedance
Super Sexy African dance moves by @sophiaofficialxo 🔥💃🔥 Instagram. Connect with us @africanmusictelevision at Instagram and share your talent. .
Amazing Afrobeat urban fashion ➡️ https://www.gotitabrands.com/